There’s a good chance you’ve seen a photo of Toby on Instagram.
This charming Boston Terrier is a social media sensation with his fun, quirky photos.
Toby has even been shared on the official Instagram page, with his Harry Potter video providing much-needed laughs during the Coronavirus pandemic.
This Dublin-based Boston Terrier has over 1.5m fans on TikTok where his videos regularly go viral.
We spoke to Toby’s dad to learn more about this Irish Gentleman and his social media success.
1) Can you tell us how you ended up with Toby?
I’d say we found each other, I believe in destiny.
2) What is Toby’s personality like?
Toby is full of character, extremely friendly and funny. He’s a good natured boy and he loves his bum rub.
3) Was Toby easy to train?
Toby knows basic and which is more than enough. He can do whatever he wants.
4) How does Toby get on with your cat?
The cat (occasionally featured on Toby’s Instagram and TikTok pages) belongs to our neighbor, she often comes to say hi to Toby.
5) What is an average day like for Toby?
There is no such a thing as an average day for Toby, everyday is an extraordinary.
6) Would you recommend Boston Terriers to a first-time dog owner?
In my opinion, Boston Terriers are one of the best breeds for a first-time owner. They’re very friendly and good with kids and other pets.
7) What comments or questions do you get about Toby?
Some of the regular comments that Toby gets include, “such a handsome boy”; “Toby makes me smile always” and “I love you Toby”.
I get questions like, “is Toby single? When is your next post?”
8) How did it feel to be shared by Instagram earlier this year?
I was surprised, I was very excited. It was very unexpected and the unexpected moment is always sweeter.
9) What inspired you to start a TikTok for Toby?
We started TikTok just for fun. We aren’t very active on TikTok but I still can’t believe so many people are following us. I love my TikTok followers, many of them are young kinds with pure soul.
10) Do you prefer creating content for TikTok or Instagram?
TikTok is fun. I sometimes make same content for both – but not always. I like Instagram more because Toby started his social media journey from Instagram.
11) What is your favourite TikTok video you’ve created with Toby so far? Why is it your favourite?
I would say all of them. Every moment we spent together is more than amazing.
12) What are the pros and cons of TikTok?
• Pros: Anybody can be famous on TikTok.
• Cons: Fame is very temporary on TikTok.
13) How much preparation goes into your TikTok and social media content in general?
• TikTok: TikTok takes no more than few minutes because anything can go viral there.
• Instagram/Facebook: Capturing good photo for Instagram/Facebook takes time
• YouTube: We only started Youtube and I’d say YouTube is no joke, it takes so much time and effort.
14) Can you tell us your funniest Toby story please?
Once Toby ran over to some girls having lunch at the park, ate their food, peed on their hand bag and then stole their pizza and ran off.
15) Finally, if you could give advice to yourself knowing what you know if you went back to when you first started your social media accounts, what would it be?
I wish I had taken more pictures of Toby when he was only a puppy, I bought my first camera just two years ago and I’m still learning about it.