Meet Scotty and Simone.
They’re two Yorkshire Terriers with big personalities who love to make their fans smile on social media.
This dynamic duo have nearly 42,000 fans on Instagram where they entertain their followers with fun-themed photo shoots.
Scotty and Simone have an active TikTok page too, providing some glimpses behind the scenes of their day-to-day lives.
We spoke to Scotty and Simone’s mom Cori to learn more about life with two Yorkies and their success on social media.
1) How did you end up with Scotty and Simone?
I fell in love with a shelter dog, whose foster mom decided to adopt him. We then ended up at a puppy mill (didn’t know it at the time) and thought things were off. In our last attempt to get dogs we found a family who just had puppies.
2) What attracted you to the Yorkie breed?
My sister is allergic to fur, so we needed a dog with hair. Looked up Yorkies and saw how cute they were, they are so smart and perfect.
3) How would you describe their personalities?
Scotty loves to play and walk all the time. If I put him in a costume he’s running down the street in it to show his arch nemesis (Atticus). Simone is into puzzles, digging and chews. They are both extremely social and try to say hello to everyone they see.
4) What does an average day look like for Scotty and Simone?
We wake up, we all do a group stretch led by Scotty. Simone gets her signature ponytail. Then we play ball until breakfast. After breakfast we walk several miles. Now that our pool is open they love running around in the yard.
5) Were Scotty and Simone easy to train?
After two months of chaos Scotty completely trained himself and then after he trained Simone. They were amazing, fearless puppies.
6) Do Scotty and Simone need a lot of exercise?
Scotty could walk all day if we would let him. Simone likes to ride in her stroller if it gets too far.
7) Do Yorkies bark a lot?
In social settings they’re pretty chill, everyone always compliments them on good behavior. At home we are extremely pro barking and love hearing their voices.
8) What prompted you to start a social media page for Scotty and Simone?
They make everyday better for me, and I thought it was so special it deserved to be shared. So many people reach out and say it’s made a positive difference in their life. I know that’s what Scotty and Simone would want.
9) Do you have a preferred platform or preferred type of content?
I always swore I wasn’t going to be a Tiktokker, but at this time videos are so important. I have some very special followers on Twitter and Instagram though and community is so important.
10) What advice would you have for someone creating a social media page for their pet?
Be weird, be original and believe in yourself. I saw the quote “if you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough” and that sums up social media. Make yourself happy and it’ll fall into place.
11) Do you have a favourite post? If so, why?
I love walking them in the dino costumes. When we match I feel like they know. Simone loves barking at the inflatables and chasing them, which is so fun to see because she’s the sweetest dog and we know she would never attack. They get really into character when we dress them.
12) What are the advantages and the challenges of being a Yorkie owner?
Advantages are how smart, cute and loveable they are. A challenge has been health issues. Unfortunately both have had cancer.
13) Can you share with us your favourite or funniest story with Scotty and Simone?
I was doing a lady and the tramp themed shoot and Simone decided the entire meal was delicious. She started grabbing meatballs off the plate and Scotty just stared in disbelief. My mom and I are total softies so of course she got a meatball or two.
14) What advice would you give to yourself if you could go back to when you first got Scotty and Simone?
Take more puppy videos, enjoy every minute. You’ll blink and they’ll be ten.