Sad Bobbie is a Brussels Griffon and a Hollywood big shot.
He may be small but he’s got some serious star power. Don’t believe us? Just check out his Instagram page!
Sad Bobbie has over 214,000 followers on the photo-sharing site.
His parents Joe and Annelise are social media stars in their own right, with big YouTube followings.
Sad Bobbie’s account will put a smile on your face given his hilarious personality and colorful adventures.
We spoke to Sad Bobbie’s dad Joe (aka Ugh It’s Joe) about this Brussels Griffon star.
1) How did you first hear about Brussels Griffon?
My girlfriend, Annelise, was shopping at Urban Outfitters and she stumbled upon her first Brussels Griffon. She overheard the woman say what kind of breed it was. Immediately, when she texted me about it, I knew that was the dog for us.
2) Why did you decide to get a Brussels Griffon ahead of other breeds?
Brussels were the perfect mix of our two favorite dogs, mine was a Pug and Annelise’s was a Chihuahua. I did research on the breed, and after seeing he doesn’t shed [much] and a variety of other things, it was all systems go.
3) How did you end up with Bobbie?
The first two Brussels Griffons we found fell through and after months of searching we finally found Bobbie. His picture that was sent to us is the first picture of him on a tile floor as a baby and we both fell in love. We couldn’t let him go. We still haven’t. He’s literally between us as we type this.
4) Can you tell us a little about Bobbie’s personality?
Bobbie is a charismatic, always ready to play sweet heart who loves people. He is curious about everything while still knowing his boundaries. He’s the perfect pup.
5) What are the challenges associated with owning a Brussels Griffon?
Sometimes Bobbie has sneeze attacks so we have to be extra cautious about his breathing.
6) What are the best things about owning a Brussels Griffon?
The best thing about Brussels is the community. It feels like a little club when we come across other ones online.
8) Does Bobbie like to pose for the camera?
Bobbie LOVES posing for the camera. It’s his favorite thing as he knows a treat is shortly ready to come.
9) Who is Bobbie’s favourite celebrity that he’s met?
Bobbie’s favorite celebrity is DJ Dillon Francis and Real Estate Celebrity Agent, Josh Flagg. He just would not let them go.
10) How much time do you spend on coming up with creative ideas for Bobbie’s Instagram?
Bobbie’s photos come very naturally as we try to bring a few outfits and whatever sticks out for him, we snap.
11) Do you have more fun creating content for your Instagram or Bobbie’s?
The most fun is creating for Bobbie. Bobbie never has to worry about angles or anything bad cause his face is perfect.
12) What are the most common questions you get asked about Bobbie (both in person and through social media)?
Everyone wants to know what kind of breed Bobbie is. Naturally we tell them he’s a Pug Pitbull mix.
13) Can you tell us your favourite Bobbie story?
The best Bobbie story is when we first got him, he posted a for a funny Chipotle idea. They saw the photo and reached out asking if they can share on their socials. They did and bobbie received his very own burrito dog bowl and a bunch of gift cards. I’ve never seen him so sad/happy.
14) How does Bobbie fit into your lifestyle as a YouTube star?
Bobbie’s YouTube persona comes off as a suave charismatic lovable guy who’s down to play. He just plays himself.
15) Do you have any tips for our readers on how to step up their YouTube game?
Bobbie wants everyone to know that if your first video doesn’t work out, keep trying. Try try and try again. I’ve gone through like five different content genres and will continue to change as the audience wants different things. Create for yourself and consider the audience cause at the end of the day, if you’re making something you don’t love, it’ll just feel like work.
18) What other dog accounts would you recommend on Instagram?
Bobbie’s best friend is Bart Danzig, hes another Brussels and his girlfriend Chloe Mae: @itsmechlodemae and @bartdanzig