Cavapoochons are still a relatively new cross breed.
They’re a mix between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Poodles and Bichon Frise.
Ramsey is a Cavapoochon ambassador living in Dallas, Texas.
With such an adorable appearance, you’d be forgiven for thinking Ramsey is a teddy bear.
This Texan pup is fast closing in on 10,000 followers on Instagram.
We spoke to Ramsey’s parents to learn more about this cute pup and the Cavapoochon hybrid.
You can follow Ramsey on Instagram (@teddygramsey).
1) How did you hear about Cavapoochons?
My husband has bad allergies, so we were looking into non-shedding family friendly dogs. We looked into basically anything mixed with a poodle, and eventually stumbled across a picture of a Cavapoochon and were immediately obsessed!
2) What attracted you to Cavapoochons?
Everything!! They seemed to have such great traits- smart, loyal, friendly, playful. Not to mention they are incredibly cute and look like literal stuffed animals.
3) Can you tell us how you ended up with Ramsey?
After we decided on a Cavapoochon we started following a few Instagram accounts to see if we could find a good breeder. We found one Cavapoochon on Instagram that we LOVED and were hoping to get a dog exactly like her. We messaged the owner of the account, but never heard back, so we started looking online as well. We reached out to a breeder we found online and when they replied to us they sent us a picture of one of their puppies and it was the same dog we had been following on Instagram! We were so excited and pretty much immediately put down a deposit!
4) Can you spot Cavalier, Bichon Frise and Poodle traits in Ramsey?
Yes! Just like a typical poodle, Ramsey is SO smart, sometimes too smart for her own good. She is very trainable and learns tricks incredibly fast. She is also extremely loving and friendly like Cavaliers and Bichons. She instantly loves everyone she meets and wants to be friends with everyone. She even gets excited to go to the vet and groomers because she loves all the people and attention she gets there.
5) In your experience, are Cavapoochons picky eaters?
When we first brought Ramsey home she was definitely a picky eater! It was so hard for us to give her medicine or treats of any kind because she didn’t want any of the things dogs normally want. As she’s gotten older this has stopped being an issue and she will eat just about anything.
6) Do Cavapoochons need a lot of exercise?
Ramsey still has a lot of puppy energy so enjoys getting as much exercise as we can give her. She loves to go on walks and play at the dog park, but also has no problems relaxing and snuggling on the couch for hours.
7) Do Cavapoochons suffer with separation anxiety?
Ramsey definitely has separation anxiety that we are working on. As long as we stick to a routine she has no issues with us leaving, but whenever we leave unexpectedly she gets very anxious.
8) Are Cavapoochons hypoallergenic?
Yes, they are hypoallergenic. Ramsey doesn’t shed at all and does not bother my husbands allergies.
9) Does getting a Cavapoochons groomed cost a lot of money?
Not really. We pay a similar amount to most other dog owners we know. We get Ramsey groomed around every 2-3 months.
10) Would you recommend Cavapoochons to a first-time dog owner?
Yes, definitely!! We are first-time dog owners and could not be happier with our choice. We already want another Cavapoochon!!
11) Is there a big Cavapoochon community in Dallas?
I don’t think so. We have never run into another cavapoochon in Dallas.
12) What comments or questions does Ramsey get out and about in Dallas?
The most common questions/comments we get is “What breed is she?” Or “OMG she looks like a teddy bear!”. Also a lot of questions about how big she will get or if she sheds.
13) What’s your favourite memory (or post) or funniest story with Ramsey?
Picking Ramsey up from the breeder is still one of my favorite memories because it was the first time we got to see/hold her, and omg she was so tiny! We live in Dallas and she was in New York, so we had to take 2 planes and then drive through a massive thunderstorm to get her, but it was so worth it and she snuggled us the whole way home! Also this isn’t really a story, but we think it’s hilarious that Ramsey LOVES Taylor Swift! She used to get bad anxiety every time we road in the car, so we started trying to calm her down by playing music,and literally the only time she would calm down was when we put Tswift on. Still to this day she is Tswifts number 1 fan!
14) Would you consider getting a second Cavapoochon?
100%, yes!! We already want another!
15) What other Cavapoochon accounts would you recommend?
My siblings are the best!!
Cavapoochon pros and cons
• Friendly – She seriously is the sweetest dog and loves everyone she meets!
• Easily trainable – She is very smart and picks up on new tricks SO quickly.
• Good with kids – she is so kind and gentle with kids and they all love her!
• Cutest – We could literally stare at her all day.
• Separation anxiety
• Regular grooming