She’s a cross between a Corgi and a Husky to result in the relatively new hybrid cross called a Corgsky.
Luna’s funny personality has resulted in social media stardom after eclipsing the 100k mark on Instagram.
We spoke to Luna’s owner Yanni to learn more about Luna, the Corgsky cross and what daily life looks like.
You can follow Luna on Instagram (@lunahuskycorgi).
1) How did you first come across the Corgsky cross?
At the start of the Covid-19 Pandemic all of the local shelters were emptied out, no dogs to be saved, which is a good problem. So I decided to look on Kijiji (online marketplace) and discovered a posting that read ‘Corgi Husky mix needs a home’ so I immediately inquired and arranged to pick Luna up that same evening. That was the first time ever coming across the Corgsky cross.
2) How would you describe Luna’s personality?
She’s sassy, goofy, definitely has a Napolean complex.
3) What are some of the Corgi and Husky traits that you see in Luna?
Her bark, paws, and butt-fluff gives me corgi vibes and she looks like a husky, also acts like one too.
4) Do you think Luna thinks she’s more Corgi or Husky?
I think she’s more Husky.
5) Did you find it difficult to train Luna?
Definitely but with consistency and understanding that she’s food motivated helped her accel with her training.
6) How much exercise does Luna require?
Not much, a few modest walks during the day and play at home will keep her tired. She’s like a cat, wants to sleep and judge all day.
7) Would you say Luna is a smart dog?
8) Does Luna shed a lot?
9) Does Luna suffer from separation anxiety or is Luna independent?
She’s very independent.
10) Would you say Corgsky make good family pets?
She’s friendly with everyone she meets so yes but I wouldn’t recommend the mix for first-time dog owners.
11) What does an average day look like for Luna?
We go for our morning walk after she has her breakfast, she sleeps all day while I work from home, then we go for another walk or go to the dog park so she can see her friends. After that we will go back home where she eats again, we might play a bit, and then she goes to sleep.
12) What are the typical comments or questions you get when out on walks with Luna?
“What type of mix is she?”, “Why are her arms so short?”, “Did you get her for half-price because of her size?”.
13) Why did you decide to start a social media page for Luna?
I love to communicate through pictures and video, Luna and her personality were just too fun to not share.
14) What’s your favourite Luna post on Instagram?
Probably the one where I pretended I didn’t come home for the evening and the look on her face as I entered the door was priceless.
15) Can you tell us your funniest Luna story?
I can’t think of one specific story. Everyday she does something funnier or more interesting than before.
16) What advice would you give yourself if you could go back to when you first got Luna?
Research the breeds more, learn who the parents are, learn about the parent’s behaviours.
17) Finally, what are some of the pros and cons of owning a Corgsky?
Pros: constant entertainment, she’s a great conversation piece, unique, and quite a personality
Cons: very sassy, very stubborn, selective hearing, demanding