Kenzie is a Cavapoochon living in New York City.
This Cavapoochon is the chief barking officer at Hot Dudes With Dogs account, shining a spotlight on dog dads on social media.
However, Kenzie’s Instagram profile doesn’t feature handsome dog dads but lots of iconic shots of the Big Apple.
This cute Cavapoochon enjoys the finer things in life, whether it’s some puppy pampering or luxurious overnight stays at five-star hotels.
We spoke to Kenzie’s mom Kaylin, who runs Hot Dudes With Dogs, to learn more about her canine companion as well as the Cavapoochon cross breed.
You can follow Kenzie on Instagram (@kenziethecavapoo).
1) How did you first hear about Cavapoochons?
I have a lot of friends with Golden Doodles and love that breed, but wanted a dog that was a little smaller. So when I started looking to get a dog I did a lot of research and came across Cavapoos and then finally Cavapoochons.
2) What attracted you to the Cavapoochon breed?
There’s a bunch of reasons I was drawn to Cavapoochons. First of all, they’re adorable and look like little teddy bears. They don’t shed and are hypoallergenic, they have great temperament and are very smart, and they’re the perfect size dog for living in the city.
3) What is Kenzie’s personality like?
Kenzie is such a sweetheart. She’s very loving, loyal and loves to snuggle. She’s playful and can be a bit of a goofball sometimes. She’s also super smart and a very fast learner when it comes to picking up new tricks.
4) Can you identify Cavalier, Bichon Frise and Poodle traits in Kenzie?
Kenzie definitely has the sweet, gentle, friendly temperament of a Cavalier. She has the playfulness, intelligence and jumping abilities of a Poodle. Her coat most closely resembles that of a Bichon, which is beautiful but can be a bit high maintenance.
5) Are Cavapoochons great companion dogs?
Yes! Cavapoochons are awesome companions. They’re very friendly, affectionate and obedient, and Kenzie is very well behaved in public settings. She’s also small enough to fit in a bag which makes it easy to bring her places with me.
6) Is training a Cavapoochon hard?
I spent a considerable amount of time training Kenzie as a puppy and continue to do weekly training sessions and introduce new tricks. She is very smart and learns new things quickly.
7) Can Cavapoochons be left alone? Do they suffer with separation anxiety?
Yes, Kenzie stays at home sometimes. However, she is used to being with me most of the time (she even goes to work with me everyday) so she tends to have a bit of separation anxiety.
8) Are Cavapoochons hypoallergenic?
Yes. Cavapoochons are hypoallergenic and they do not shed.
9) How much time do you spend grooming Kenzie?
I spend a lot of time grooming Kenzie. Since I keep Kenzie’s coat on the longer side, she has to be brushed at least once a day. I bathe her every other week and she gets her hair cut every 3 or 4 weeks.
10) What questions do you get about Kenzie out and about?
We are commonly asked questions about Kenzie’s personality and grooming.
11) Is there a big Cavapoochon community in NYC?
I haven’t met many other Cavapoochons in the city, but there is a huge Doodle community which we are very involved in.
12) What’s your favourite memory with Kenzie?
Kenzie is always by my side so it’s hard to pick just one, but I’d probably say our summer trips to the Hamptons or some of the dog parties we’ve gone to with our doodle friends.
13) What are the pros and cons of having an IG page for Kenzie?
I’m glad I made an IG page for Kenzie. We love being able to make people smile with Kenzie’s daily antics and we’ve met so many incredible dogs/dog owners through the Instagram community. The only con would be that it takes a lot of work to grow and run an Instagram account.
14) How does it differ to running your “Hot Dudes with Dogs” account? Easier or harder?
I wouldn’t say it’s easier or harder, it’s just different. I have to be a bit more creative with Kenzie’s content to keep our followers engaged.
15) What other Cavapoochon accounts would you recommend?
We also follow a few of Kenzie’s siblings, @cavapoogracie and @captainpetecavapoochon.
16) What advice would you give yourself before getting Kenzie now that you know what life with a Cavapoochon is like?
Having a dog is a big commitment. Its a big responsibility that requires a lot of work and can be expensive at times. But it’s definitely worth it and will greatly enrich your life.
17) Have you thought about getting a second Cavapoochon?
I would love to get a second Cavapoochon one day.
18) Would you recommend Cavapoochon to a first-time dog owner?
I would definitely recommend this breed. Cavapoochons are amazing dogs.
Cavapoochon Pros and Cons
• Personality – Friendly, loving, playful, obedient. They’re the perfect 4-legged best friend.
• Perfect size for the city – Kenzie is 16lbs. She’s big enough that you can play with her and she won’t get stepped on while walking in NYC, yet she’s still small enough to fit in a bag and carry around.
Intelligence – Kenzie is very smart and was really easy to train.
• High maintenance coat – She also needs to have her teeth brushed everyday or she gets bad breath.
• Very picky eater – Getting her to eat kibble was almost impossible. The only thing she likes is the fresh dog foods that come frozen, which can get expensive.
• Separation anxiety – Kenzie spends a lot of time with me so she does not like being left at home alone.