Holly and Hazelnut are two of the most popular Dachshunds on TikTok.
These long-haired Dachshunds have over 1.7 millions followers and have 28.5 million likes.
Holly and Hazelnut have also got nearly 180,000 fans on Instagram, proving that their social media game really is strong.
These two sausage dogs are fine examples of the long-haired variety, with luscious locks and glistening coats.
We spoke to Holly and Hazelnut’s mom about these adorable long-haired Doxies and their social media success.
You can follow Holly and Hazelnut on social media here:
1) How did you first hear about Dachshunds?
I was actually researching dog breeds that would be good for apartment living. I was stuck between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Dachshund for a while until I learned that Dachshunds come in long hair too! I then searched #longhaireddachshund on Instagram and I was sold.
2) Can you explain how you ended up with two Dachshunds?
I always knew I wanted two Dachshunds! I am a part of a lot of Dachshund groups on Facebook and everyone always says that Dachshunds do better in pairs.
3) Can you give an insight into each of their personalities?
Hazelnut is super chill and sweet. She is always ready to cuddle but has some pretty explosive tantrums when she doesn’t get the prime cuddling spot next to mom!
Holly definitely has quite the sassy attitude. She runs the house and lets you know when she wants you to do something. She has me (her mom) trained.
4) Has owning Dachshunds lived up to your expectations?
Yes! I never understood why people were so extremely obsessed with Dachshunds until I got my own. Now I am a crazy Doxie mama with a collection of various home items with dachshunds on them!
5) Are Dachshunds easy to train?
They are stubborn so they need a LOT of persistence. They are definitely not the easiest dog breed to train but it isn’t impossible.
6) Do Dachshunds bark a lot?
Dachshunds are definitely barkers but they always bark for a reason. They never bark just to bark. They bark with a purpose and are not yappy.
7) How did you first hear about TikTok?
I joined TikTok when the first wave of dog accounts started joining. When I started watching the “For You” page, I realized that I could do the trends too but with my dogs.
8) Do you have a favourite video on your TikTok?
My favorite video changes daily. My favorite types of videos are always funny stories that people tell. I usually only end up liking videos if they actually make me burst out laughing.
9) What tips and tricks would you have for someone starting off on TikTok?
Definitely follow the trends and make sure to use trending sounds!
10) Is it your favourite social media platform for your dogs? If so, why?
I love Instagram because we are able to connect with our fans through DM and story replies etc. but I also love TikTok because it’s easier to reach a larger amount of our followers with our videos.
11) Would you recommend Dachshunds to a first time dog owner?
I would only recommend Dachshunds to a first time dog owner if they have the time to train them. If you are planning on leaving them at home all day in the beginning while you’re at work, they’re probably not the breed for you.
12) Do you have any other dog TikTok accounts you’d recommend?
There are too many to recommend just a few!
Dachshund pros and cons
• They are extremely cuddly! Holly and Hazelnut love napping with me which I think is so sweet and adorable. They know when it’s nap time and when it is play time.
• They are always down to go on a long walk. They may have teeny little legs but they can walk a lot farther than you’d think! I love going to the park with them and enjoying the fresh air.
• They are irresistibly cute and always make the worst days better. Since I have had Holly and Hazelnut, my bad days never feel that bad. Their adorable personalities always cheer me up at the end of the day.
•They definitely have high prey drive so if they see a squirrel the go crazy!
There really aren’t many cons!