Bijou and Daphne make up the Fluff Dog Crew.
This cute couple are two Shih Tzus who have an impeccable taste in fashion.
On any given day you’ll find them sporting a bandana, bow, stylish shades or harness.
Their mom is a hair stylist so Bijou and Daphne can sometimes be found sporting a top bun or hair accessory.
We spoke to their mom to learn more about Bijou and Daphne as well as the Shih Tzu breed overall.
You can follow the Fluff Dog Crew on Instagram (@fluffdogcrew).
1) What attracted you to the Shih Tzu breed?
I have always been drawn to small, fluffy dogs. I began to notice Shih Tzus more when I would see many with cute hairstyles. I’m a hairstylist, so having a dog that I can do their hair as well seemed fun to me. Shih Tzus also have amazing personalities!
2) How did you end up with Bijou and Daphne?
I found Bijou from a local breeder a couple months after my first Shih Tzu, Lola, passed away. Daphne is a rescue that originally came from South Korea! The rescue there, Domo’s Friends, helped get dogs adopted out here in the USA. Daphne ended up with my favorite Shih Tzu rescue SASS here in Ohio and after seeing her photo on their Instagram page, I fell in love with her.
3) How would you describe the personalities of Bijou and Daphne?
Bijou is a leisurely and lazy diva. She loves napping, eating and being pretty all the time.
Daphne is a spunky little girl. She’s much more playful and seems to always be judging everyone with her facial expressions.
4) Do Shih Tzu do better in pairs?
I think that depends on the Tzu. Bijou would be fine on her own, but Daphne would not. Bijou prefers the company of people to other dogs. Daphne likes the company of both.
5) Do Shih Tzu make great family pets?
Yes! They are small and don’t require a ton of space or exercise. They tend to be great companions.
6) Do Shih Tzu have separation anxiety?
Daphne absolutely does, but Bijou does not. I think that just depends on the specific pup.
7) Do Shih Tzu require a lot of grooming?
Shih Tzus require tons of grooming. It’s a lot of maintenance to keep them looking good, even if their hair is kept short. I groom them myself and I am constantly doing upkeep on them.
8) Would you recommend Shih Tzus to a first-time owner?
I for sure would, as long as they are aware of the grooming maintenance required.
9) Why did you decide to start an Instagram page for Bijou and Daphne?
Originally the Instagram account was my personal account. Back then I had my Shih Tzu Lola and Pekingese Siouxsie and I noticed other dog people following and engaging whenever I posted them. It morphed from there and became all about the dogs I have had the joy of having.
10) What is your favourite photo or video you’ve posted of them on Instagram?
That would be almost impossible to decide. There have been so many that made me laugh or thought were the cutest ever!
11) What advice would you have for someone starting an Instagram page for their dog?
Have fun with it, and don’t take it too seriously. Post pics and videos that you love and show off your dog’s personality.
12) Is there a big Shih Tzu community online?
There is, I am amazed at how many friends I have made over the years from the Shih Tzu community. I feel that it’s a very positive and supportive group.
13) What other Shih Tzu accounts would you recommend?
This is tough, we have so many awesome pals but here is a few of our favorites that didn’t make your amazing list!